This article shows you how to download and install the full version of WinRAR for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing WinRAR on your computer.
About the software
WinRAR is a trialware file archiver utility for Windows, developed by Eugene Roshal of win.rar GmbH. It can create and view archives in RAR or ZIP file formats, and unpack numerous archive file formats. To enable the user to test the integrity of archives, WinRAR embeds CRC32 or BLAKE2 checksums for each file in each archive. WinRAR supports creating encrypted, multi-part and self-extracting archives. WinRAR is a Windows-only program. An Android application called “RAR for Android” is also available. Related programs include the command-line utilities “RAR” and “UNRAR” and versions for macOS, Linux, FreeBSD, Windows CE, and MS-DOS.
The main features of WinRAR are:
- Full support for RAR and ZIP archives, it can also decompress CAB archives, Arj, LZH, TAR, GZ, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z.
- Optional storage encrypted with AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) algorithm with 128-bit key; in version 5 the 256 bit key is implemented with the new RAR5.
- It can manage files and archives up to a maximum size of 8.589 billion gigabytes. The number of files in a single archive is unlimited.
- It can create self-extracting and / or divided archives in different parts (volumes).
- It uses data recovery functions that allow the reconstruction of damaged archives.
- Supports NTFS file system advanced options and Unicode file names.
- It can be used for free for 40 days, after which every time the program is started, a warning appears asking you to purchase it.
- After registering the program, unlimited free updates are provided.
WinRAR System Requirements
- For 32 Bit: Intel Pentium (or compatible),
- For 64 Bit: 64 Bit CPU and 64 Bit Windows version
- Win10, 8.1, 8 and 7 Compatible
- 64MB of RAM
- 3MB of available hard disk space
How to Download and Install WinRAR
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Next step is that you need to know if your computer runs a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. To do that on Window 10, right click on your start menu and then select “System”. Under “System type” it will say either “32-bit operating system” or “64-bit operating system”.
- Open the “Software Files ” folder. If you have 32-bit system, then run wrar570.exe. If you have a 64-bit system, then run winrar-x64-570.exe.
- Follow on-screen instructions to install the software (you can leave everything at default). You now have the WinRAR trial installed on your computer. Let’s validate it.
- Go to the directory which you installed WinRAR to in step 5. By default, this will be in C:\Program Files\WinRAR
- Copy-paste the rarreg.key file from the “Software Files” folder into the WinRAR installation directory
- You now have the full version of WinRAR, without any limitations, installed on your computer.
Post a Comment