About the software
Windows 8.1 is a personal computer operating system that was produced by Microsoft and released as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems. It was released to manufacturing on August 27, 2013, and reached general availability on October 17, 2013, about a year after the retail release of its predecessor. Windows 8.1 was made available as a free upgrade for retail copies of Windows 8 and Windows RT users via the Windows Store.
Windows 8.1 Pro System Requirements
- Processor. 1 gigahertz (GHz)* or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- RAM. 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space. 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card. Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
If you’re running Windows 8 you can get a free update to Windows 8.1. Just tap or click the Windows Store tile on your Start screen. Once you’ve moved up to Windows 8.1 you should get the update automatically. If you don’t, follow these steps to get it manually using Windows Update.
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch
- To access the Windows Store and to download, run, and snap apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- Microsoft account required for some features
- Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
- Secure boot requires firmware that supports UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B and has the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database
- Some games and programs might require a graphics card compatible with DirectX 10 or higher for optimal performance
- Watching DVDs requires separate playback software (more info)
- BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive (Windows 8.1 Pro only)
- BitLocker requires either Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or a USB flash drive (Windows 8.1 Pro only)
- Client Hyper-V requires a 64-bit system with second level address translation (SLAT) capabilities and additional 2 GB of RAM (Windows 8.1 Pro only)
- A TV tuner is required to play and record live TV in Windows Media Center (Windows 8.1 Pro Pack and Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack only)
- Miracast requires a display adapter which supports Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.3, and a Wi‑Fi adapter that supports Wi‑Fi Direct
- Wi‑Fi Direct Printing requires a Wi‑Fi adapter that supports Wi‑Fi Direct and a device that supports Wi‑Fi Direct Printing
- Free internet TV content varies by geography, some content might require additional fees (Windows 8.1 Pro Pack and Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack only)
- To install a 64-bit OS on a 64-bit PC, your processor needs to support CMPXCHG16b, PrefetchW, and LAHF/SAHF
- InstantGo works only with computers designed for Connected Standby
We also recommend that you visit your PC manufacturer’s website for info about updated drivers and hardware compatibility.
* Prior versions of Windows, including Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, have limited support when running on new processors and chipsets from manufacturers like Intel, AMD, NVidia, and Qualcomm. For more information, please see the Support Lifecycle FAQ. A device may not be able to run prior versions of Windows if the device hardware is incompatible, lacking current drivers, or otherwise outside of the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s (“OEM”) support period.
How to Download and Install Windows 8.1 Pro
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Mount the .iso (click here for instructions), or burn onto a disc, or put into a bootable USB drive to install onto a new computer.
- Install Windows 8.1 by launching setup.exe
- When asked to insert an activation key (during installation), use the follow serial key: XHQ8N-C3MCJ-RQXB6-WCHYG-C9WKB
- You now have the full version of Windows 8.1 Pro, without any limitations, installed on your computer.
This download is for Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (Pre-Activated)
Post a Comment