To extract files on Windows, you can use the built-in File Explorer tool or a third-party compression/decompression software like WinZip or WinRAR. Here are the steps for extracting files using File Explorer:
- Locate the compressed file that you want to extract. It should have a file extension like .zip, .rar, or .7z.
- Right-click on the compressed file and select "Extract All" from the context menu. This will launch the "Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders" wizard.
- In the wizard, choose a destination folder where you want to extract the files to.
- Click on the "Extract" button to start the extraction process.
- Wait for the extraction process to complete. Depending on the size of the compressed file and the speed of your computer, this could take some time.
- Once the extraction is complete, you should see the extracted files in the destination folder you chose earlier.
Post a Comment